Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Reflection Paper

My name is Derrick A. Hines and this will be my last year as a high school student. i was always told that the four years would fly by as if it was nothing, and it has. But I'm glad that it is finally over because now i will be able to go out into the world with the knowledge that i have acquired. I have learned how to do research more productively. that is proven with the Lee Waisler article. i didn't know much about research until i entered english class. i thought that it was just you look up and write down what you learned but there is more to it than just plagiarism. when researching it isn't just about the information, it is about the source. if the source is weak so is the information. you cant just get information and take it as is, you have to make sure that it is accurate other wise you have false info. for the Lee Waisler article, i had to go to many websites and look through many article to dig up information about the artist and the works that he has done, who he works for, what he is doing, the interviews he has taken, the places he has been, he inspirations for his works. that took time and effort and i never thought that i could do that but i can and that makes me proud to know that i now know what to do if an assignment was to come to me which required that i do research.


I also learn to put more into my essay papers. When writing you need to make sure that you know what you are writing about, it has to be on topic, has to make sense, and is creative. I learned this with The Stranger essay. In order for me to write about Albert Camus's story i had to understand what it truly was about. A man who has already shaped his identity is conflicted by those who want to shape it for him. It was on topic. the identity of another human being. and most importantly to me, it made sense. Every human being is conflicted with an identity crisis but there are those who's identity is fixed and no body understands them. those who don't are classified as the weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment